Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an Amazon cloud-based solution that offers services such as storage, server hosting, databases, etc. AWS offers various options of which the most popular are:
- Simple Storage (S3) – fully redundant, multi-tier data storage
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) – resizable compute capacity, VM environments, HPC Clustering solution
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) – logically isolated virtual network environment
- Glacier Storage – archival storage solution
- Relational Database Service (RDS) – database instance solutions
These services are available to all current UC Merced faculty and staff. All are billable services requiring an annualized PO and FAU.
OIT provides consultation for choosing a service, initial setup, pilot programs, and password reset assistance.
Please open the following link for additional details of the available AWS options and the components included in each.
OIT support for this service is provided during standard operating hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Support is provided by Amazon (AWS) and is available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email.
Consultation within 3 business days with implementation within 10 business days of initial request.
Use the same ‘Request Service’ button above to submit a new request form stating that you wish to stop/change the service.
UCMerced has its own pricing structure with AWS. Costs vary depending on the service chosen and can be discussed as part of the consultation.