CatDrive provides a shared location to store and manage files among multiple computers and users. Designed to be robust, reliable, and easy to access for authorized users.
This storage is recommended for the following:
- Individual files that are 5GB in size and larger
- Applications that require mapped drives or similar access
- Computer systems utilizing mapped drives or a network share for collaborative work.
NOTE: This storage is not HIPAA and ePHI compliant, so DO NOT store sensitive data on CatDrive.
CatDrive is available to all active UC Merced faculty and staff.
- Storage is accessible from Windows, Mac, Linux, and Unix operating systems
- Ability to set/limit permissions for groups or individuals on folders and files
- Access is provided using your UCMNetID and password.
- Remote Access: Files are available from off campus using the campus VPN service
- Disaster Recovery: Files are replicated to a geographically separate location on a nightly basis.
- Physical Security: Files are stored on servers located in UC managed data centers
Please note, this service does not include:
- Mobile Device Access
- Ability to share with non-UC Merced users
- Encrypted storage
Consultation within 3 business days and implementation within 10 business days of request.
Submit a new CatDrive request with the details of your request.
CatDrive is provided free of charge for faculty and departments up to 20 GB. Additional storage is available for $50 per TB per month. (1 TB Minimum)