- Simple Storage (S3) – fully redundant, multi-tier data storage
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) – resizable compute capacity, VM environments, HPC Clustering solution
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) – logically isolated virtual network environment
- Glacier Storage – archival storage solution
- Relational Database Service (RDS) – database instance solutions
UCOP has negotiated a system-wide discount on the AWS cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) suite of products. Use the Request Service above to request AWS services with the discount. The 3-year agreement is effective 10/1/19.
These services are available to all current UC Merced faculty and staff. All are billable services requiring an annualized PO and FAU.
OIT provides consultation for choosing a service, initial setup, pilot programs, and password reset assistance. Click here for additional details about the available AWS options and the components included in each.
OIT support for this service is provided during standard operating hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Support is provided by Amazon (AWS) and is available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email.
Consultation within 3 business days with implementation within 10 business days of initial request.
Use the same 'Request Service' button above to submit a new request form stating that you wish to stop/change the service.
UCMerced has its own pricing structure with AWS. Costs vary depending on the service chosen and can be discussed as part of the consultation.