Access to ‘UCM Guest’ wireless at the UCMerced Downtown Commerce Center using self-registration process. Access is initiated by the guest requiring access to the ‘UCM Guest’ WiFi.
NOTE: Staff and faculty will not be able to connect to ‘UCM Guest’ WiFi using their UCMNetID. Defer to ‘UCM CatNet’ or ‘eduroam’
NOTE: If trying to access this Self Service option above working remotely, you will need to connect to VPN before clicking on Self Service.
This is a automated self service where the guest will initiate the process and the staff or faculty (sponsor) will confirm access for the guest.
Steps for the Guest to Initiate:
- As the guest, you will click on the ‘Guest WiFi’ or click on the Self Service button above to be redirected to the access request form.
- As the guest, you will need to fill in your name, your email address, your sponsor’s name, and click Register.
- Once the form has been submitted the sponsor will receive an email to confirm or reject access.
UC Merced Sponsor Steps:
- The sponsor receives an email with the request. The sponsor will then click on the link to be redirected to the confirmation page.
- The sponsor will need to click on Confirm or Reject to confirm or deny the request.
- Upon a Confirm, the sponsor can inform the guest that they can now log into the the ‘UCM Guest’ WiFi with the credentials provided. A receipt is emailed to the guest with credentials.
The guest will then need to click on the ‘UCM Guest’ WiFi and enter the assigned credentials. For additional devices, use the same credentials.
‘UCM Guest’ WiFi access for any visiting guest. Access is provided for seven days.
OIT support for this service is provided during standard operating hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Access to the ‘UCM Guest’ wireless network is available once the sponsor approves guest access.
There is no charge for this service.