- Individual files that are 5GB in size and larger
- Applications that require mapped drives or similar access
- Computer systems utilizing mapped drives or a network share for collaborative work.
NOTE: This storage is not HIPAA and ePHI compliant, so DO NOT store sensitive data on CatDrive.
CatDrive is available to all active UC Merced faculty and staff.
- Storage is accessible from Windows, Mac, Linux, and Unix operating systems
- Ability to set/limit permissions for groups or individuals on folders and files
- Access is provided using your UCMNetID and password.
- Remote Access: Files are available from off campus using the campus VPN service
- Disaster Recovery: Files are replicated to a geographically separate location on a nightly basis.
- Physical Security: Files are stored on servers located in UC managed data centers
Please note, this service does not include:
- Mobile Device Access
- Ability to share with non-UC Merced users
- Encrypted storage
Consultation within 3 business days and implementation within 10 business days of request.
Submit a new CatDrive request with the details of your request.
CatDrive is provided free of charge for faculty and departments up to 20 GB. Additional storage is available for $50 per TB per month. (1 TB Minimum)