Voice Over IP (VoIP) is UC Merced’s telephony solution. Use this service for any of the following VoIP needs:
- New UC Merced Telephone Number (new phone line)
- Feature Change to Existing Service (voice mail, software client, handset, and more)
- Password Reset (for voice mail or for the software client login)
- Office Location Move (for e911 location information)
- Discontinue/Reassign Number
For more information, visit VoIP Technical Resources.
Active faculty and staff with a current UCMNetID.
Depending on the services requested, OIT will provide a new phone number, the handset, application(s), and/or features requested.
Support for this service is provided during standard operating hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
In most cases, completion of the request will occur within 10 days. For orders requiring a handset, it may take up to 10 business days for the device to arrive.
Click on the Request Service button and indicate what changes are required.
Monthly phone services are covered under the ‘FTE Monthly Telecommunications Cost’ funding model. If requested, the 6831i handset cost is $60 and the 6867i handset is $138. For USB or Bluetooth headsets, each department will need to purchase these on their own.