The OIT Project Management office tracks project status weekly to monitor and control project performance across projects managed by the PMO. Links to additional project information are provided where available.
These project teams are wrapping up work, documenting lessons learned, and preparing for stakeholder signoff.
- Campus Bookstore Solution: Implement and integrate Follett’s Connect Once virtual appliance as the primary bookstore solution for the UC Merced campus
- 2020 (Design, Install active electronics, AV): Design and installation of Active Electronics, AV (3 of 13 buildings) Additional phases/building will extend the final deadline estimated past 2020. 2020 Website
These project teams are working to complete the objectives as outlined in their project scope.
- Tier Campus Success Program: Migrate our current interim Identity registry system to the TIER identity registry product midPoint. TIER midPoint will align UC Merced with other Universities and provide a higher level of security.
- Alpha Financials: Implement Oracle Cloud Financials in collaboration with UC San Diego that will replace the current GL system (hosted by UCLA). In addition to having state-of-the-art financial technology, the new system will include new Budgeting application.
- UC Merced Connect: Design and build a new communications and marketing platform that replaces Portal, Happenings, and the existing campus events calendar. CONNECT will integrate Banner, SSO, and other key campus systems so that students, faculty, and staff will be able to access a customized, secure, and modern portal experience that delivers information they want and need via mobile and desktop.
- Concur: Implement Concur Expense that will replace the current Expense reporting tool (Express - hosted by UCLA). The new system will introduce the latest in travel expense reporting technology, as well as a mobile application
- i-Sight: i-Sight is a cloud-based case management platform used by the Title IX offices that streamlines the investigative process from initial intake to final report and provides the information needed to analyze results, demonstrate trends and prevent losses. Due to Audit recommendations UCOP is working to implement i-Sight as the Title IX Case Management system. We are also migrating our existing Advocate solution to i-Sight..
- UCPath AWS Migration: UCOP lead inititative to migrate UCPath from Oracle Managed Cloud Services to AWS and also change web services from Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to Mulesoft.
- Registrar Business Process: Registrar COVID-19 Digital Transformation: The office of the registrar would like to undergo a process of digital transformation for all paper-based legacy administrative and academic business processes that require student interaction. COVID-19 project is scoped with the following high priority registrar processes.
- DFA Service Now Implementation: Build Service now request/incident tickets for Division of Finance and Administration. Multi-phase approach, focus on tickets with impact for systems going live in January for Phase 1.
- DFA -Handshake - UCMerced has initiated the Handshake implementation that will replace the legacy recruiting system ‘PAWS’ for on-campus student recruitment. Handshake expected to provide a secure and enjoyable applicant experience and enable superior workflow and transparent recruitment processes.
- Academic Activity Tracking - Report academic activity in support of Financial audit findings.
These project teams are working to define a detailed scope, resource plan, budget, and project schedule.
These project teams are working on a preliminary outline of the project's scope and objectives, indentifying participants, and defining their roles and responsibilities.
- AWS Migration: Formalizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) offering and migrating existing systems hosted at UCB to AWS as part of the OIT Cloud First Strategy.