The OIT Project Management office tracks project status weekly to monitor and control project performance across projects managed by the PMO. Links to additional project information are provided where available.
These project teams are wrapping up work, documenting lessons learned, and preparing for stakeholder signoff.
- Next Generation Network (NGN) : Phase II: Campus adding wireless access points to enhance wireless coverage.
- Class Climate: Moving Course Evaluation Software to a cloud-based hosted solution where evaluations are completely online, maintained by Scantron and integrated into Canvas. The software is used to generate paper surveys, online surveys via email, provides the ability to archive results and generate reports.
These project teams are working to complete the objectives as outlined in their project scope.
- 2020 (Design, Install active electronics, AV): Design and installation of Active Electronics, AV (3 of 13 buildings) Additional phases/building will extend the final deadline estimated past 2020
- Digital Business Services 2020 (DBS) – UCPATH: Human Resources & Budget process associated with UC Path documents and workflows – recruitment & hiring process – and identification and definition of future business processes needs and optimization opportunities. This effort will also include design, development and UAT of workflows and document management.
- Science DMZ – Infrastructure Implementation: Implementation of NSF Award#1659210, CC* Networking Infrastructure: Building a Science DMZ Network for University of California Merced
- CCES – Cross Campus Enrollment System: System-wide Cross Campus Enrollment Project
- Tier Campus Success Program: Migrate our current interim Identity registry system to the TIER identity registry product midPoint. TIER midPoint will align UC Merced with other Universities and provide a higher level of security.
- VPN Migration: Migrate UC Merced VPN services from End of Life Cisco ASA Platform to Palo Alto Networks Global Protect (GP) solution. Enable 2FA protection for VPN authentication.
- Alpha Financials: Implement Oracle Cloud Financials in collaboration with UC San Diego that will replace the current GL system (hosted by UCLA). In addition to having state-of-the-art financial technology, the new system will include new Budgeting application.
- Banner Database 12c Upgrade: Upgrading the Banner Oracle database to Ellucian's standard database version 12c.
These project teams are working to define a detailed scope, resource plan, budget, and project schedule.
- UC Merced Connect: Design and build a new communications and marketing platform that replaces Portal, Happenings, and the existing campus events calendar. CONNECT will integrate Banner, SSO, and other key campus systems so that students, faculty, and staff will be able to access a customized, secure, and modern portal experience that delivers information they want and need via mobile and desktop.
- Campus VOIP Project: Multi-year effort to transition UCM to voice over internet provider (VOIP) to deliver organizational telephony needs. This effort will prioritize new buildings that do not have landlines as an option and the second (Phase 2) implementation will be on campus for 3 buildings of the 2020 project (e.g. dining commons, glacier pt., resident 2)
These project teams are working on a preliminary outline of the project's scope and objectives, indentifying participants, and defining their roles and responsibilities.
- TAMS Implementation/PAWS Replacement Project: As part of system-wide UCPath Project, UCMerced has initiated ‘Talent Acquisition Management System’ TAMS implementation that will eventually replace the legacy recruiting system ‘PAWS’. TAMS is expected to provide enjoyable applicant experience and enable superior workflow and transparent recruitment processes.
- Concur: Implement Concur Expense that will replace the current Expense reporting tool (Express - hosted by UCLA). The new system will introduce the latest in travel expense reporting technology, as well as a mobile application
- TRS: Time Reporting System Replacement