UC Merced OIT Information Security has launched National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) 2019 with a series of campus events and activities. Read on to learn more!
Information Security Trivia Tent
Come by the OIT tent outside Kolligian library and meet our Information Security staff, play our cybersecurity trivia game, earn some swag, and grab some candy while you learn more about cybersecurity awareness!
Dates and Times:
Oct 8, 2019 11:00 am –2:00 pm
Oct 15, 2019 11:00 am –2:00 pm
Oct 22, 2019 11:00 am –2:00 pm
Oct 29, 2019 11:00 am –2:00 pm
Curious to know how your Cybersecurity knowledge compares to the average American? Take our Cybersecurity Trivia Quiz and then tune in next month when we report on the results.
Cybersecurity Survey – Win an iPad!
All month long, we’ll be hosting a short UC cybersecurity awareness survey online. You can take it when you visit the Trivia Tent, or simply follow this link to get registered to win now!*
*Survey participants must register using their UC Merced email account. iPad drawing will be held during the final Trivia Tent event on October 29, 2019.
Cybersecurity has seen an increase in requirements and complexity as more data is generated and moved to the cloud or outsourced to third parties. A holistic approach is needed for addressing the challenges and safeguarding organizational/institutional resources and data.
Join Tolgay Kizilelma, UC Merced’s Chief Information Security Officer, for a one-hour webinar and Q&A session to learn about the challenges, associated risks, and best practices around cybersecurity.
UC Merced OIT Information Security has redesigned our webpages in order to offer more cybersecurity education and awareness for faculty, staff, and students as of October 2019. Some of our important new features include:
- An overview of the 2019/2020 UC Merced self-phishing campaign, along with regularly updated reporting on the campaign
- Phishing Email Alerts archive to assist users in identifying ongoing phishing attacks affecting our campus
- Announcements and overviews of upcoming cybersecurity awareness campaigns
- Information Security in the News— providing relevant news to keep our users better informed
- Alerts and Impacts—reporting and analysis on user privacy and cybersecurity issues