A Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI) is an integration tool that allows a service outside of CatCourses to add the functionality of that service into CatCourses. Here you can find information on the LTIs available to use in CatCourses and how to request an additional LTI for CatCourses.
Currently Installed LTIs:
What is an LTI?
What LTIs are already installed in CatCourses and what do they do?
How do I get help using an LTI?
- Support Avenue: who provides support, OIT, another UC Merced department, or the vendor.
- Support Website: website that provides detailed information on how to use the tool and/or get support.
- Support Email: e-mail address to contact support about the tool
- Support Phone: phone number to contact support about the tool
- Guides: links to websites with guides or how-tos for the tool
Can I install my own LTI tools?
How do I request an LTI be added to CatCourses?
What information do I need to provide in my LTI request?
- The name of the LTI
- Vendor contact information if available
- Information purchase request (if payment is required)?
- A blurb on how the tool might be used/who it might benefit
When do I have to make a request if I want to use an LTI next semester?
- Fall: requests must be submitted by June 1st
- Spring: requests must be submitted by October 1st
How long does it take for an LTI to be approved and installed?
|Semester for Tool Launch||Requests Due Date||Tool Approved or Denied||Tool Installed|
|Fall 2021 Extended||12/20/2020||as soon as possible||first week of semester|
|Fall||June 1st||third week of June||second week of August|
|Spring||October 1st||third week of October||first week of January|