There are two primary steps to using UC Merced's Virtual Private Network (VPN):
- Install the VPN client; see Step 1: Install the UCMerced VPN Client.
- Connect to the VPN service; see Step 2: Connecting to the UC Merced VPN Client.
This page provides detailed instructions for completing those steps that utilizes SSO and 2FA. The process should take you 5-10 minutes to complete.
Before you get started, you will need the following:
- Your computer and/or mobile device
- Your UCMNetID and password
- Your 2FA configured device
- Access to the internet
- Access to your phone's App Store
Install on your computer
These links will redirect you to our Knowledge Base tutorial for steps on how to install.
Install on your mobile device
Connect with your computer
These links will redirect you to our Knowledge Base tutorial for steps on how to connect. Please note that the 2FA authentication method "Duo Push" is recommended.