The Office of Information Technology – Academic and Emerging Technology
Academic and Emerging Technology (AET) is an OIT resource that implements innovative technology solutions to transform collaboration and learning. Our goal is to remove technology as an obstacle by providing accessible, easy to use equipment, tools, resources and services which then allow faculty and students to focus on the learning experience.
We recognize that using technology for teaching/learning/scholarship can often be time-consuming. We make it a point to work diligently with our faculty partners to ensure that constraints of time and learning curves are balanced and accounted for in the solutions we suggest and develop.
AET actively partners with faculty, staff, and students to imagine ways to use technology to meet academic goals. Our services include:
- Faculty consultations regarding the use of technologies to solve pedagogical challenges and achieve high learning outcomes.
- Adoption of applications, learning modules, videos and online collaboration tools to support curricular needs.
- Audio/Visual equipment for events, "smart" classrooms, equipment loans, and other technology resources to support UC Merced activities.
- We explore current and emerging technology tools to consider how they might be used at UC Merced to achieve or enhance its objectives.
- Provide software platforms to support events, learning (face-to-face, online and blended).
- Facilitate training sessions with faculty to increase fluency with technologies.
- Consult with departments on design and creation of technology use in classrooms, labs, conference rooms and study spaces.